OAT’S HEALTHY SECRETS
Oats are arguably the healthiest grain you can eat.
The humble oat packs in more nutrients than other more widely eaten cereals. Compared to wheat, rye and rice, oats’ nutrition stats are:
• higher in protein
• higher in fat — especially monounsaturated fats
• a better source of iron (and most other minerals)
• a superior source of most B vitamins
• higher in vitamin E
• the only cereal to contain a group of antioxidants known as avenanthramides.
• high in beta-glucan fibre
OATS’ HEALTHY SECRET — BETA-GLUCAN
5 known health benefits of Beta-glucan
1. lowers cholesterol
2. helps control blood sugar and insulin levels
3. lowers blood pressure
4. aids weight control
5. helps maintain a healthy gut
Trackback from your site.